9.24.2009

triple chocolate layer cake

Oh boy. I was browsing How to Eat A Cupcake today, and I saw she had posted this cake recipe. Long story short, I'm now making it for tomorrow night. No special reason really, but from what it sounds like this cake alone is cause for a special occasion. I'm going to be baking the cake layers tonight, so I'll keep you updated through the whole process like I did last week,(that was seriously a week ago? Yikes.)

3:31 pm:: Off to bake the layers.

4:30 pm:: Actually just getting started on the baking--I get distracted okay!

5:00 pm:: All done baking now for the day, I tied a bit of the cake, but I'm not letting you know what I think until it's all complete. Tomorrow we start the frosting!

9.25.09 12:22 pm:: Going to make the filling right now. Wish me luck!

12:59 pm :: all finished with the filling; it seems a little on the thin side right now, but we'll see what happens tonight.

3:20 pm:: Making the chocolate outside. We're getting closer!

3:42 pm:: all done with the chocolate. Now only to decorate it...

5:02pm :: My masterpiece is finished. oh, and you know how I said it's a triple chocolate cake? Well, that's for amateurs--mine is a five chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment