12.19.2009

breathe in, breathe out

I woke up this morning to the sound of Reggie hitting the deck boards. His legs were all over the place, his head was shaking, his eyes were twitching. A flurry of movement later and before I knew it, Dad had called Kristen and Valerie home and Reggie was being hoisted by Dad into the van.

All I could do was cry. (I've been doing that a lot this week, haven't I?)

Kristen and Valerie came home and we drove off to meet Mom and Dad at the animal hospital with Reggie.

We got there and got Reggie's diagnoses.

All this time I was seriously thinking we wouldn't have Reggie greeting us Christmas morning. Hence the sobbing.

Turns out what he has isn't nearly as scary as it look, and it's treatable.

About three medications later Reggie seems to be perfectly normal. Thank you God!

You know--when I was thinking Reggie was a goner--I realized why exactly I had gotten that darn cold. If I hadn't gotten sick, then I would've been gone Saturday morning, wouldn't have charged by cell phone, I would've been at a strange place, and missed Reggie's passing.  (Luckily that last part didn't happen)

Ah, there really is a method to the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment