12.12.2009

quiche

I think quiche is best served cold, so when I make at night, I always wait until morning to have it for breakfast. It can be served as breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper easily--quiche is so adaptable! 

Ingredients::
one pie crust (I make my own, but store-bought works like a charm)
three eggs
one cup of either milk, half and half, or heavy whipping cream. (I always use half and half. recently though, I used heavy whipping cream and it was the best)
pinch of salt
half a cup of finely chopped onion
a cup of a cheese of your choice
and mix-ins like::
bacon
asparagus
other veggies

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare crust by placing it in a nine inch pie pan.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream or milk. Add in the salt and a dash of pepper.

Dump in all of your mix ins. Stir thoroughly.

Put the filling in the unbaked crust and place in oven for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the

center comes out clean. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment