1.10.2010

recipes!

Hello next post! Here are the recipes I've tried:

  • If you're looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, DEFINITELY try Alton Brown's The Chewy Gluten-Free. It's actually become my go-to for any chocolate chip cookie. My brother-in-law loves them. And he doesn't even have Celiac Disease. I have them in the oven now--be right back.

::CHOMP:::
excuse me.

  • If you follow Smitten Kitchen, you might have seen her Gluten-Free Chocolate Financiers. Go try them now. I made them yesterday and they're seriously good eats (oops, wrong recipe.)My mom loves them.
  • Bob's Gluten Free Red Mill Chocolate Cake mix is definitely worth the price. In fact, if you can shop at your local Military Commissary, try looking for gluten-free flours and mixes there. At my local grocery store white rice flour is about $6.00. At the commissary it's about $2.75.
  • Let's see, what else. Oh! I still would check out the Betty Crocker Gluten-Free mixes. It's a great way to get your feet wet. My one reservation about them is the grittiness of the rice flour. I didn't really notice how gritty it really is until I made Alton Brown's chocolate chip cookies, and compared it with the mix. The rice flour I bought was definitely of a better quality. I guess when trying to make gluten-free mixes close in price to regular you have to cut corners somewhere.

Well that's it! Hope it helped in some way. I'll keep you posted about new recipes I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment